The immune system helps maintain optimal health. The spleen is part of this system because its involved in immune response. Herbs that are beneficial to the immune system include:
Lycopene is a carotene found in tomatoes, watermelon and other red fruits and vegetables.
- helps male prostate
- prevents reproductive organ issues
Lycopene, like all carotenes, is fat soluble.
Lutein is a carotene that comes from the calendula flower, also known as the marigold.
- great for the eyes and vision
- helps with night blindness
- enhances peripheral vision
Lutein can help with degenerative eye problems.
Carotenes or carotenoids have also been called provitamin A because it’s the plant based version that we convert in our bodies to vitamin A. They are found in foods that are typically yellow, orange, or red.
- supports adrenals and thymus gland
- strengthens epithelial tissue
- enhances immune system
- helps heart disease